Learning Outside the Classroom
Learning outside the classroom is an integral part of the Elworth's ethos. We place high value on enabling children to get outside and experience their learning in a natural environment. Last year Forest School was very popular with the children even in cold and wet weather. This year we aim to build on the children's skills and develop their confidence in recognising the abilities they have.
What is Forest School here at Elworth CE?
Forest School is an inspirational learning journey, which offers ALL learners regular opportunities to achieve and develop confidence and self-esteem through hands-on learning experiences in our woodland and natural outdoor environment.
Forest School is a specialised learning approach that sits within and compliments the wider context of our outdoor education and also our creative curriculum.
This ethos is shared by everyone in our school community. Its roots reach back to early years pioneers in outdoor learning and across the sea to Scandinavia.
At Forest School all participants are viewed as:
- equal, unique and valuable – made in the image and likeness of God
- competent to explore & discover
- entitled to experience appropriate risk and challenge
- entitled to choose, and to initiate and drive their own learning and development
- entitled to experience regular success
- entitled to develop positive relationships with themselves and other people
- entitled to develop a strong, positive relationship with their natural world